Non-Credit Career Pathway Course
Cloud Security Fundamentals is an introductory level course targeted to entry-level candidates in the cybersecurity workforce and anyone who participates in activities over the internet. You will have access to an instructor while you complete this 30-hour self-paced, online course.
In the Cloud Security Fundamentals course, you will learn basic principles associated with securing the cloud and SaaS-based applications through Secure Access Service Edge architecture and identify concepts required to recognize and potentially mitigate attacks against traditional and hybrid datacenters as well as mission critical infrastructure. You will also learn how to initially setup and configure containers on a docker bridge network and test the container security through the use of vulnerability scans and reports.
The academic curriculum developed and authorized by Palo Alto Networks Academy and delivered by Palo Alto Networks Academy Partner, Bismarck State College, helps provide the knowledge and expertise that prepare you to protect our digital way of life. Our trusted certifications validate your knowledge of the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform and your ability to help prevent successful cyberattacks and safely enable applications.
- Define cloud computing service, deployment, and shared responsibility models.
- Describe cloud native technologies including virtual machines, containers and orchestration, and serverless computing.
- Identify cloud native security including Kubernetes security, DevOps, and DevSecOps, and visibility, governance, and compliance challenges.
- Create and run docker bridge network containers in detached and interactive mode.
- Summarize hybrid data center security design concepts.
- Configure and test containers with vulnerability scanning.
- Review traditional data center security solution weaknesses.
- Investigate east-west and north-south traffic protection methods.
- Recognize the four pillars of Prisma Cloud.
- Describe the layers and capabilities in a Secure Access Service Edge (SASE).
- Review the layers in a Prisma Access architecture solution.
- Demonstrate an understanding of unique SaaS-based security risks.
- Understand how Prisma SaaS protects SaaS-based applications and data.
Cloud Security Fundamentals is a 30-hour self-paced, online course completed over 12 weeks.
Successful completion of the Network Security Fundamentals course or comparable experience. You are expected to have basic Internet and application software skills.
- Module 1: Cloud, Virtualization, Storage
- Module 2: Cloud-Native Security
- Module 3: Cloud and Datacenter Security
- Module 4: Mobile and Cloud Security
- Module 5: Secure the Cloud (Prisma)
Although not required, this course along with the following courses are building blocks to earn the Palo Alto Networks Certified Cybersecurity Entry-level Technician (PCCET) certification, which is a knowledge-based certification that validates your understanding of fundamental cybersecurity, network security, cloud security, and SOC security:
- Cybersecurity Foundation
- Network Security Fundamentals
- Security Operations Fundamentals
Participants must contact the BSC Continuing Education office at least five (5) business days prior to the start of class for a refund at (701) 224-5600. If a participant cancels less than five (5) business days prior to the start of the class, the entire registration fee is forfeited. Full refunds are guaranteed if BSC Continuing Education cancels a course.
A $20.00 processing fee will be deducted from the amount refunded. All approved refunds are made by mail unless paid with a credit card or electronic check in which case the card or account is credited. Please allow three (3) weeks to process refunds. There are no refunds if an online course has been accessed.