This Alternative Choice Training (ACT) Misdemeanor Offenses class addresses the needs of individuals who have entered the court system for a wide variety of misdemeanor offenses. Building on a foundation of activities and components, the curriculum helps individuals learn how to avoid negative influences, handle stress and take responsibility for their decisions. This skills-based curriculum is designed for first-time offenders.
- To understand the process of changing negative behavior.
- To discover how attitudes can override values.
- To understand how to avoid negative influences.
- To develop a plan to alter present negative behavior.
- To establish positive, goal-directed behavior patterns.
- To make a firm commitment never to repeat as a criminal offender.