This Alternative Choice Training (ACT) class is designed for individuals under the age of 21 who have committed alcohol offenses. The class focuses on dispelling the cultural myths surrounding drinking, understanding why one drinks, and overcoming peer pressure. Time is spent exploring other activities that can replace the “high” that results from drinking. Participants examine their negative behavior, and learn to make informed decisions.
- To understand why one drinks.
- To understand the effects of alcohol on life.
- To understand how to take positive control of life.
- To develop a plan to alter present drinking behavior.
- To establish positive, goal-directed behavior patterns.
- To develop personal life skills and alternative resources.